We’re excited to announce that ContentGroove is generally available today! We are grateful to all of you who have helped us test our beta and tune the product over the past several months. Today’s launch includes a number of new features for users and developers:
✅ Video cropping (9:16, 1:1, 4:3, 3:4): resize your video clips so that they present well natively on a mobile phone
✅ Dashboard: load content and view your latest activity – all in one place
✅ Shareable SEO-ready video clip landing pages: we create the page – you share it
✅ API: need all of this in programmatic form? Check out our brand-new API
To sign up to use the product (we have a generous free tier), please sign up here.
Our Story: Using AI to Create Relevant, Topical Video Clips
A few years ago, my co-founders Perry and Earl observed that most long videos (let’s say over 5 minutes) were expensive to create, typically posted once, and never reused. They felt that if there was a way for videos to be automatically broken down into easily reusable, relevant clips, then everyone, from marketing teams to everyday content creators, would be able to better unlock the value of the video content that they have already created.
After several iterations, we feel excited to release our first shot at solving this problem, which focuses on breaking down videos with significant spoken content. Just upload your video (or enter a YouTube or Vimeo link), and our AI will create relevant, topical clips for you to review, tune, and use.
Thank you for joining us early in our journey! Although this is our first release, we have a lot more in store to help you create and publish video easier, faster, and cheaper.
Social Media: Save Time and Money With Auto-Generated Video Clips
Anyone who does any amount of social media knows two things: (1) successful social media accounts need to be fed regularly with new content and (2) video clips are terrific for driving social media engagement (think TikTok, Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts, LinkedIn).
But here’s the problem: working with video is a time-consuming process and outsourcing it can be super expensive. It can take hours just to sift through a single one-hour video looking for clips to pull, format, and use. And sending a video out for a contractor or agency to process can cost thousands of dollars per video.
ContentGroove: Feature-rich AI Video Editor
We think you’ll really like what we’ve built to date. Here’s a high-level list of features and benefits that you’ll find when you sign up to use our product.
- Transcript generation and keyword analysis: our system makes available your video’s transcript as well as a list of key topics in your video
- Automatic video clip generation: save valuable video editing time by reviewing what our system suggests as top clips in your video
- Video clip trimming: extend, shorten, or edit clips using our easy-to-use video clip trimmer
- Captions management (edit, format, burn-in): not all of your customers will have sound on by default; in fact, studies show that over 80% of mobile users watch video with the sound off – engage them with captions
- Multi-clip reel builder (intros, outros, music): add branding and polish to your video clips
- YouTube and Vimeo channel subscriptions: never double-upload anything again – we’ll get your new videos right from your video channels
- Email and Slack notifications: share an animated gif and clips directly in email and Slack
- Embeddable video player: embed our video clip player directly in your website
- (New) Video cropping (9:16, 1:1, 4:3, 3:4): resize your video clips so that they present well natively on a mobile phone
- (New) Dashboard: load content and view your latest activity – all in one place
- (New) Shareable SEO-ready video clip landing pages: we create the page – you share it
- (New) API: need all of this in programmatic form? Check out our brand-new API
Our customer, Ellen, is a marketer at Ironhorse.io who creates numerous long-form webinar and roundtable videos with industry experts. Her goal is to turn those videos into pieces of derivative content to share on social platforms.
Ellen uses ContentGroove to automatically generate social-ready snippets of key moments from the original video to generate impressions and engagement. The outcome: ContentGroove video snippets published on LinkedIn have led to 36% more impressions than posts with link previews. On Twitter, ContentGroove snippets have resulted in a 27% higher engagement rate than traditional link previews.
Ready to sign up? Start here.