How To Repurpose Video Content For Social Media Platforms
As a marketer or content creator, how do you repurpose your video content to suit different social media platforms? Do you know the benefits of repurposing your video content? Repurposing content is a great way to keep content out of the “content graveyard” and save on time and costs when creating content for different social platforms.
According to a Sprout Social study, 54% of marketers say that video content is the most valuable asset for meeting their enterprises’ social goals. Creating content that suits different platforms is an expensive venture. However, you can repurpose content for different platforms while meeting their specs and best practices.
Here are tips for repurposing video content across five different platforms.
TikTok Video Requirements
Here are TikTok video requirements you should know about:
- Resolution: TikTok videos should be approximately 1080×1920 pixels
- Format: TikTok videos should be in a .mov or .mp4 format, while ads should have .AVI and .GIF format
- Size: Maximum file size for organic video ads should be 287.6 MB. Your TikTok videos should be ideally less than one minute but no longer than 3 minutes
- Aspect ratio: 9:16
How To Repurpose TikTok Videos
Here is a cheat code on how to repurpose your content to suit your TikTok audience:
- Add captions: TikTok features an editable auto-generated caption file for your video. Adding captions improves accessibility and ranks your content higher in search engines.
- Use audio: Adding sound escalates your content, and even if the video does not need sound, adding audio and setting the volume to zero can boost the video’s SEO algorithm
- Avoid screen recordings and animations; ideally, your content should feature a human being
- Adopt the current trends and audio, but do so as fast as possible. Trends get outdated in a span of a few days
Facebook Video Requirements
Here are Facebook video requirements you should know about:
- Dimensions: Facebook newsfeed videos can be either landscape or square
- Resolution: 1280×720 with a minimum width of 600
- Size: Max file size is 4GB with a maximum length of 120 minutes; the shorter, the better
- Formats: Mp4 or .mov
How To Repurpose Facebook Videos
Here are ways to repurpose your video content for Facebook:
- Keep the videos under 5 minutes
- Upload an attention-grabbing thumbnail
- Capture the viewer’s attention with a banger preview and deliver more content than on TikTok
- Add “tap for sound” option; more people view Facebook and LinkedIn without sound than on video-oriented platforms like TikTok and YouTube
- Add a descriptive title to grab attention and enhance SEO
LinkedIn Video Requirements
Here are LinkedIn video requirements you should know about:
- Aspect ratio: 1:2.4 and 2.4:1
- File size: 5GB maximum
- Video format: .ASF, .AVI, .FLV, .MOV, .MPEG-1, .MPEG-4, .MKV, .WebM, however, .MOV or .MP4 work best
- Video length: must be at least 3 seconds long and shorter than 10 minutes.
How To Repurpose LinkedIn Videos
LinkedIn videos are more informational and “professional” than other platforms; however, there is still room for fun.
Here are ways to repurpose your video content for LinkedIn:
- Crop vertical videos into a square to optimize scrolling through the feed
- Create clipped versions of webinars and interviews
- Keep the video at 30 seconds or less if you are looking to increase brand awareness, else informational videos can be longer
Instagram/ Reels Video Requirements
Here are LinkedIn video requirements you should know about when repurposing your content:
- Resolution: 1080×1920 pixels
- Format: .MP4 or .MOV, .MP4 is typically recommended over .MOV
- File Size: Videos cannot be larger than 4GB
- Length: 60 seconds in length. Much like TikTok, the shorter, the better
How To Repurpose Instagram/ Reels Videos
Reels are very similar to TikTok’s. Hence, the same tips apply. When creating and cropping the video, the top and bottom of the video are cut off in the feed view. The caption may slightly obscure the bottom of the video. Keep this in mind
YouTube Shorts Video Requirements
YouTube shorts has similar specs to TikTok:
- Resolution: 1920×1080, with a minimum of 600×600 pixels; you can also upload square videos
- Adopt black bars below and above the video
- Dimensions: Doesn’t support landscape videos
- File size: under 4 MB
How To Repurpose YouTube Shorts Videos
Here are ways to repurpose and optimize your content for YouTube:
- YouTube automatically categorizes any content shorter than 60 seconds as a short
- If your video uses music from YouTube’s catalog, cap it at 15 seconds or less
- Use shorts as a ‘preview’ for longer videos
- Use snippets of existing videos, or promote your channel directly
- Keep the video concise and hook on to trends
Make Cutting and Editing Easy with Content Groove
Embrace the speed and power of new tech and forget manual editing. ContentGroove offers you perks you don’t get from standard YouTube/Vimeo clipping features.
Here are the benefits of using ContentGroove:
- Automatically generates suggested clips based on keywords
- Combines clips to create reels
- Adding music, captions, intro, and outros to your videos
- Instant video transcription
- Find clips based on keywords for easy editing
How To Create Video Clips with ContentGroove
Here is a step-by-step video guide to creating video clips with ContentGroove.
Are you a marketer or content creator looking to create professional, engaging short-form video content? Do you want to streamline editing and repurpose videos on your social media platforms? Get started for free today. Generate compelling and engaging videos without specialized skills or the need for expensive editing tools.
Sign up or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Instagram. Our team is on standby.